10.08.2010

Eyeshadow Primers

While talking with a friend, I found out that a MAC employee recommended painterly paint pot as a primer.  My friend also mentioned that she has oily lids and the MAC employee recommended a paint pot?  Well, I learned the hard way a long time ago that it DOES NOT work as an eye primer if you have oily lids.  That's pretty sad when an employee can't recommend the right product for the brand they work for.

Overall, I must say I like the NARS smudge proof eye primer the best!  It is pricey at $24, but it works!  I have extremely oily skin and it makes it sooooo difficult to have my makeup stay without any sort of primer. I have tested Urban Decay primer potion, TooFaced shadow insurance, MAC prep + prime eyeshadow primer, and the generic eye and lip primer from Beauty from The Earth.

I think I need to film a demo video comparing all the different eye primers listed above (it's on the to do list now).  It took me a long time to actually find one that I loved.  I honestly don't wear makeup too often, so I don't mind paying a premium for a product that will work on my oily skin/lids. 

What's your favorite eye primer?  Is there one you recommend that I don't already own and will it work for oily skin?

<3 Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

shop for makeup artist supplies & tools @ blushingartisanmakeup.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...